Monday, September 8, 2008

Lora Leigh...and others like her



Today I'm keeping it simple. I need youre help! I've been reading Lora Leigh lately. She's my newest favorite author. I'm slowly working my way through her backlist. I've got a LOT to read still.


What I need is recommendations from YOU. Other authors who have a similar heat level, the same type of excitement. I'm mostly interested in other SEAL type storylines, lots of action, hot hot sex. Any ideas?


Right now I'm reading Wild Card. OMG! This story is so emotional. It's nearly killing me and I'm only about half way into it, maybe a little more than half way. I've loved her SEALs, her Nauti series too. I don't care so much for her Breed series. But can you all tell me what others of hers i should check out? And any authors like her? Please! I'm desperate here! LOL


Happy Monday! Yeah right! We had such a good, but long weekend. I'm so tired today I can hardly keep my eyes open. Coffee is NOT helping. We went furniture shopping. We called ahead to check and make sure they had the three piece living room set we wanted in stock. They sure did, she said. My husband said, 'you're sure? We live an hour a way and we're going to need to borrow a friend's truck to pick it up.' Again she swore they had it in stock. We got there, after driving an hour, had to pick up a friend's truck only to find out it wasn't in stock. The folks who helped us at the service desk were rude and acted as if it were our fault. They rolled their eyes and called another of their stoes. Ah-ha! They have it at their other store. We drive up there, half an hour, and no furniture and even worse customer service. We gave up on them at that point and went somwhere else. Got great service and the furniture will be delivered Thursday. No hassles, no waiting around. That first place lost out on a nearly $3,000 sale because of poor customer service.
And here's a hunk to brighten your day! Don't you love his smile. God, I never get tired of looking at this guy! :)

10 comments:

Kelley Nyrae said...

That sucks. I'd have been very upset had I driven that far and they didn't have it in after calling.

I'm curious what others say about the book recs too!

Anne Rainey said...

I was more upset by the older man, at least in his 50s, eyeballing Kati, and right in front of her parents too! Sometimes men are pigs. Jesus H, she's 14yrs old!!

Anyway, I'm just glad to finally be getting new couches. The cushions on the ones we have are torn. Foam sticks out all over. I have to cover them with towels. It's been 12 years since we've gotten anything new for this house. I can't wait for them to be delivered! :)

Tonya said...

I love getting new furniture!!! Congrats on that and glad you went to another store. Are you going to send a letter or make a phone call to the head offices? I do that when the CS is really bad. I had a Pizza Hut experience that was hideous. Really, really bad!! Come to find out when I asked to talk to a manager that I was dealing with the store assistant manager. I called corporate and two days later I received a phone call from the store manager because the two other employees complained about how she treated my mom and I. The Asst Mgr actually got fired because it wasn't her first offense.

I'll be watching this thread to find out reccomendations. I have none for you but am always looking too!

Viv Arend said...

I've been reading through all of Suzanne Brockmann's Series. The heat is perhaps not as often as found Lora's books, but temperature wise? Off the scale.

She writes a fabulous series about Seal Team Sixteen and there's over a dozen in the series now, so you get lots of glimpses back at your favorite characters from previous books. Each story is a complete stand alone as well.

Plot is exciting, realistic and I'm seriously in love with a couple of her characters.

Anyway, I'd suggest you check her out.

Anne Rainey said...

Hi Tonya--no, we're going to let it go. They lost us as a customer though.

Hi Viv--Suzanne Brockman. Isn't she the author who has a real life SEAL husband? I'll check into her. Seems I read one of her books several years, but it's been so long I could be mistaken. If it was her book, I did like it, I do remember that.

Regina Carlysle said...

First off...YUMMY. Great smile. Sorry about the awful customer service and I have to think this crap is going around. You would've believe how many people are going through this stuff. Happened to me a few months ago. ARGH!!!!

I'm honestly never read Lora Leigh but I guess I should because I hear all these raves about her. The only SEAL series I've read is Suzanne Brockman's and it is wonderful.

Anny Cook said...

Hmmm. E-books: Dawn Ryder has a set, some menage, some not, military guys. She has another yummy set under her other pen name Mary Wine. All available from EC.

Lora Leigh has a bunch at EC. That's where I first started reading her books. She has a series about a bunch of guys the gals call "trojans". Uh-huh.

I would search the site by genre. Have you every read the Sarah McCarty's at EC? Yummy.

Christine Warren also started at EC. There's a six book series there (though I have to admit that they aren't SEALS)!

Cheyenne McCray also started at EC. She has some really cool stuff there. As does Shiloh Walker.

Judith Rochelle said...

I have all of Lora's Tempting Seals books and her Nauti Boys, too. Try Gennita Low (secret government agency, and hot, hot, hot sex). I have to go through my list of books and then I'll give you more.

Anne Rainey said...

Regina--you NEED to read Lora Leigh. She's HOTTT!!

Anny--I've never read Dawn/Mary. Thanks for the names. I'll check into her.

Anne Rainey said...

Judith--THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I've written Gennita Low down. I'll check her out as soon as I can. I"m so hooked on Leigh that I'm now re'reading the ones I already have. ugh! I need more!