Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I love this feeling!



Hey everyone!! I've been in such a reading slump lately. Couldn't find anything new, didn't feel like rereading anything I had laying around the house. I hate feeling like that. I NEED my books for my sanity, LOL. Without them....well let's just say I'm not very fun to be around. Then something happened. I spotted a gorgeous cover from an author I'd never read.


That prompted me to do a little blurb reading. Which immediately caught my interest.

I am the vampire known as Bishop. And I have sworn to destroy evil in this world"

When the vampire Bishop returned to Romania for the first time in centuries he never imagined he would find himself the prisoner of a vampire slayer. Nor did he expect to risk his own life to save hers. Marika has spent most of her life killing monsters like the one who killed her mother, and hiding her most dangerous secret. She would use Bishop to her own advantage, but when Marika's own life is threatened she realizes Bishop is her only ally – and the one man who has ever laid claim to her heart.

I started the book that night and finished it the next night. I love the high I get when I find a new author to read. I'm the type that kind of sticks to what I know a lot of the time. I know that limits me and there are so many good authors out there but I love the comfort of my favorite authors. When I step out of the box and find a series like this one I'm always so grateful I did. There's nothing like finding a new author to devour!

I ended up on Kathryn Smith's website and discovered there was a whole series on her Brotherhood of the Blood. I'd actually read the second book first so I explained to the hubby that I just HAD to get the first one. A girl can't read the second book and not have the first. LOL.

For centuries Chapel has served as a holy warrior, hiding himself away from human contact. Now he's forced to travel to England where an ancient evil may be awakened. Prudence Ryland almost out of hope. She desperately needs a miracle and thinks she might have found it. But she's about to discover that the greatest miracle awaits her in Chapel's arms. All she has to do is make her reluctant vampire believe in the power of true love.

Now my hands are itching for the third! Had anyone else read The Brotherhood of the Blood books? What was the last new author you found?

6 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

I love the feeling of finding a new author and that she has a SERIES! I'll run out and buy the rest and have a reading marathon.

Thanks for the head's up on this author. The blurbs are great!

Anne Rainey said...

I love finding a new author! Is this the author you were telling me about the other day? Cool blurbs!

I've been in a major reading slump too, but then Lora Leigh's "Maverick" was at the store last night and I bought it. I already started reading it and it's SOOOO good!

Unknown said...

Yeah! More vamps!! I'll check them out. Thank you!

I try not to start a new series unless I can easily get the first ones. I hate to miss out because I can't find the first books.

I wanted to start a lobby to require all books in a series to say 'book 1, book 2 and so on. Then we would know to look for the start of the series first. LOL

Christine Morehouse said...

I love Kathryn Smith.  I've read "Let The Night Begin".  Just like you I loved the cover and pulled it off the shelf, read the back and put it back.  It wasn't that I was uninterested with the author or book, but I had my five books are the limit, that day.  A girl has to set some priorities.Any way, the next week I bought it and in 24 hrs read it cover to cover.

Couple weeks later her new release "Before I wake:The Nightmare Chronicles" was out and I grabbed that one up, too

But I'm completely with you on the rush of finding a new author.

Amy Ruttan said...

I have the BE MINE book, on my HUGE TBR pile.

Kelley Nyrae said...

Reg, Isn't it the best feeling?

Anne, yep this is who I was telling you about the other day!

Connie, love that rule. YOu should check these out.


Christine, glad you liked it too. I saw her other series. Looked interested too.

Amy, It's understandable. You are a bit busy :)