Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Tudors




Lover. Warrior. Rebel. King. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is Henry VIII as never seen before. The Tudors is the epic new Showtime Original Series that reveals the scandalous life of the stunning young monarch, who ruled his kingdom with ruthless abandon.

With a lust for power and an appetite for love, Henry's affair with Anne Boleyn – and obsession with producing a male heir – changed the institution of marriage, and the world, forever. The Tudors is the untold story of Henry VIII, the beloved tyrant whose reign was marked by treachery, betrayal and intrigue.



Someone PLEASE tell me why I've never watched this show until now? I love it. I'd heard of it, of course, but never took the time to watch until the other night and now I'm HOOKED. Going to check my on demand for the older seasons and if they aren't there, I'll be renting them. I NEVER do that.

Any show that are must watches for you? Find a gem you didn't know about?

8 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

The Tudors is excellent. I actually missed some of the episodes from season one and turned the channel a lot whenever someone got beheaded (which was quite a bit) LOL. But damn...that Jonathon Rhy Meyers is awesome. It's a great show and I believe you can buy or rent season one now.

I'm totally hooked on TrueBlood (the HBO series) based on the Charlaine Harris southern vampire series. Sooooo good. Just bought Season One and season two starts on June 12

Mary Ricksen said...

I have no cable so I never watched it but I can understand being hooked on a show that interests you. Maybe in one of your last lives you lived in that time!!

J.K. Coi said...

I haven't watched it before, either, but I keep hearing great things! Maybe I'll finally check it out. :)

Unknown said...

I've just started watching The Tudors this season and love it! I'm hooked. I plan on catching up with the past seasons this summer.

LORETTA CANTON said...

I haven't seem it but I will be buying the dvd.

JariHop said...

Have you watched Eli Stone?

Anne Rainey said...

Is this on HBO? We don't get any pay movie channels other than Pay Per View.

Carol Ericson said...

I've been watching The Tudors from the first episode. I don't think any of the wives can top Anne Boleyn though. The actress was fabulous and she and Jonathan had major wicked chemistry. I also watch Dexter on Showtime and True Blood on HBO. Great shows.