Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's my anniversary!



Tomorrow my hubby and I have been married for six years. We almost NEVER get to go do anything together. This time, he surprised me. He saved up a little money without me knowing and his mom and my mom will be babysitting tomorrow and we're going to spend the whole day in LA and Hollywood. It's funny, we've lived in California for 4.5 years but we've never spend the day there. We've never walked Sunset or looked at the stars on the Walk of Fame. Tomorrow that's what we'll be doing all day! We're getting up early and heading out. We'll grab some breakfast and then hit Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum, Wax Museum and The Guinness Book of World Records Museum. After that, depending on them time, we'll then do some touristy walk around kind of stuff. I want to the Walk of Fame, Hollywood Rock walk and just take in some fun things the city has to offer. We'll head to the Grove Farmers market where from what I hear, you almost always spot a celebrity or two. We'll have lunch. My friend who lives there told me about a little restaurant/bar that has half priced drinks and meals and drinks until 7:00 PM everyday. She mentioned getting both fish and chips and baby back ribs for 6-7 dollars which you can't beat. We'll do a little more walking around and then, just because I'm a dork, I want to walk Rodeo Drive. I'll never be able to afford anything there, but I've always wanted to check it out.

I can't tell you how excited I am. Both our moms work, his mom has two jobs so they aren't able to babysit often. I don't think we've done anything on our anniversary for about three years. We need a day for the two of us SO bad. We've been together almost 11 years, and married six and I still completely love him. I can't wait to have a day devoted to us.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Sounds like a fun time! Happy anniversary Kelley!

Liane Gentry Skye said...

Happy Anniversary, Kelley! Sounds like you have a keeper.

J.K. Coi said...

Happy anniversary! Have a great time and tell us all about it (um, the walks along Sunset. Not the other anniversary stuff :)

Amy Ruttan said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!!

Trying to hit blogs before I disappear for a couple of weeks. Friday is the "big" day!!

Anne Rainey said...

Happy Anniversary, Kelley!!!!