Thursday, July 29, 2010

Best Books I've Read...Lately!


Yes, I'm still away, still enjoying time with my family. I'll be back next week to tell you all about Maine. For now I thought I'd share my three favorite recent reads.

First up, the fourth installment in the Feral Warriors series "Rapture Untamed". Jag's story is HOT and the best yet. I was worried when I picked it up. Jag has been a favorite of mine from book one. I didn't want his story to get screwed up. Palmer didn't disapoint!




Blurb:


The most combative - and tormented - of all the Ferals, Jag is a predator who hunts alone - until daemons terrorize the human population. To stop them, he partners with Olivia, a flame-haired Therian temptress as strong as she is beautiful. But Olivia is no ordinary immortal. The survivor of a vicious supernatural attack, she possesses a deadly and forbidden skill - one that must remain hidden, especially from the powerful Feral Warriors.

As Jag and Olivia's sensual dance of dominance and seduction gets wilder and hotter, a dark force sets its sights on Olivia, threatening to destroy everything she has vowed to protect. And the only one who can save her soul is the arrogant jaguar shifter she lusts for but dares not love.

"Bonds of Justice" is the next in her riveting Psy-changeling series. If you've read these books then you already know how addicting this series is. Singh has done a superb job of building her world. So much so that I WISH I was a part of it. With Bonds of Justice I was concerned. I didn't see how these two character were going to get their HEA. But, have no fear, they do! :)



Blurb:


Max Shannon is a good cop, one of the best in New York Enforcement. Born with a natural shield that protects him against Psy mental invasions, he knows he has little chance of advancement within the Psy-dominated power structure. The last case he expects to be assigned is that of a murderer targeting a Psy Councilor’s closest advisors. And the last woman he expects to compel him in the most sensual of ways is a Psy on the verge of a catastrophic mental fracture…

Sophia Russo is a Justice-Psy, cursed with the ability to retrieve memories from men and women so twisted even veteran cops keep their distance. Appointed as Max’s liaison with the Psy, she finds herself fascinated by this human, her frozen heart threatening to thaw with forbidden emotion. But, her mind filled with other people’s nightmares, other people’s evil, she’s standing on the border between sanity and a silken darkness that urges her to take justice into her own hands, to become judge, jury…and executioner…




Last but not least, Lacey' Savage's "Fighting Chance". I LOVED this story. The hero has just the right mix of alpha and tenderness. The heroine is intelligent and strong-willed. They are a great match. My only problem. This is supposed to be the start of a series, but it seems the author didn't write the other two brothers' stories. I'm so upset about that because I was really getting into these guys!

Blurb:


If Tristan Chance believed in curses…

He never would have denied his brother’s claims that the Chance men are cursed to watch their soul mates perish, powerless to stop destiny from claiming them.

And he wouldn’t have questioned the truth of his body’s response to Lara Montgomery, a woman who calls to every aspect of his dark, sensual nature. After all, he’s been alive for three hundred years, and in all that time he’s never felt such an irresistible pull toward anyone. Yet each time he sees Lara, he wants nothing more than to rip those prim and proper accountant clothes off her body and reveal the sultry vixen he knows hides beneath…

And he definitely wouldn’t have acted on his tempestuous arousal if he had known the family curse would put Lara’s life in danger.

But even alpha vampires can be wrong. Tristan might be stubborn, but he’s not reckless. One bite, one taste, and he knows he can’t let her go. Tristan will do everything in his power to keep Lara by his side, even if it means taking on fate itself.

So, those are my three favorite reads...for now. I'm sure next week, next month, I have more to add to that pile. LOL



And don't forget, August 3rd, my very own "What She Wants" releases with Samhain. I can't wait!!

No comments: