Friday, November 11, 2011

Hot Latte Action and other random asides

I'm late posting this week and I missed last week entirely. My brain's turned to mush lately and I haven't had much to talk about that doesn't revolve around writing, deadlines, new books, word counts, NaNo...yeah, you get the point. The perennial light at the end of the tunnel isn't shining yet as I just received edits on one book today and have a deadline on another I need to finish within a week. Oh, and I just finished a novella this week and had a new release last week.

So here are my random Friday thoughts, without any rhyme or reason. Hopefully by next week I'll be a little more coherent.

1) I think I have a Starbucks addiction. Seriously, the amount I spend there is staggering. With rare exceptions, food doesn't excite me that much. But give me a Pumpkin Spice latte and...PURRR. This morning I had an Eggnog latte. I think I'm kinda burned out on eggnog but it was still pretty good.

2) Christmas music this early in the season...love it or hate it? I'll admit I've already got my radio tuned to the Christmas channel. It makes me happy and feels festive and fun. And though I know a lot of people don't like the longer Christmas season, I think it's too short to begin with. If I'm going to decorate and enjoy myself, why not stretch it out? Plus my birthday's a couple weeks before Christmas and I think I'm doubly lucky to celebrate during such a great time of year. (And yep, I also begin decorating for Halloween in August.)

3) This morning I received a note from a new editor who said she was blown away by my writing. After breakfast I received a review that basically disliked every aspect of another one of my books. So goes the writing life.

4) It's Friday. Woohoo!

5) Oh yeah, Hot Text released last week from Ellora's Cave. It's a m/f contemporary about two people who instantly hit it off under sort of strange circumstances. It's sexy and short and involves naked painting. Need I say more? Here's the link: http://www.jasminejade.com/p-9687-hot-text.aspx

That's it for me this week. What are you up to? Do you like Christmas music this early - or at all? What's your favorite flavor latte? Did something good happen to you this week?

5 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

I refuse to listen to Christmas music until the day after THANKSGIVING, and was mad at myself in Walmart when I realized I was singing along!

I'm a die hard French Vanilla or Irish Cream latte person:)

Katie O'Connor said...

I love those pumpkin spice lattes. Yummy. Oh and Tim Horton's french vanilla.

I LOVE Christmas and everything about it. I would decorate today if my man would let me. Sadly he says not until December first.

I am thinking that I need a second Christmas tree for by the front door for my clients to see when they come pick up their commissions.

Thanks for entertaining us with your writing and your blogging.

Eileen said...

I don't want to listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to getting Michael Buble's new CD. Don't drink lattes but I love the smell of them. A good thing that just happened to me is that I taught my 28 year old daughter how to sew. She wanted to learn and so I pulled out the machine and practiced on a baby blanket panel for her baby. That was a cool experience.

Mia Watts said...

Congratulations on your new release! that's fantastic. I love the premise.

So I was thinking about pumpkin latte and eggnog because my Starbuck's gold card just arrived in the mail. Would a person who only so so likes pumpkin pie love this, or not so much?

Jennifer Snow said...

I listen to Christmas music all year long! I know it's wrong, but I write Christmas themed romances in the middle of July-so I need something to help keep me inspired while I'm chasing my son on the beach lol:) Christmas is just too magical not to start early in my opinion.

I love candy cane mochas from Starbucks. This time of year I'm peppermint from head to toe-lipgloss, hand cream ,etc, so it just makes sense...