Monday, January 23, 2012

Changes and Blessings



Slowly but surely, I am trying to get back into the swing of things. Note the key word: SLOWLY.The writing is NOT going
well. I'm frozen. And it's no ordinary case of writer's block. I've tried everything and nothing works. So I decided to paint some. No. Not landscapes and still lifes. Not watercolors. lol Just paint. Like walls and such. lol And furniture. I used to love decorative painting. Faux finishing. That type of thing. And then I started writing. Hmmm...back to my roots I guess. lol

So the painting, while intense--requires a great deal of focus--is helping some. I think. Haven't written anything yet. But I am thinking about storylines. I am at least being creative. Hopefully, I will get some writing done sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, when I'm not painting I am getting used to the changes in my household. It's quiet here. Too quiet. That may be part of my problem. But the girls are no longer here. They're out on their own. Part of me rejoices. Another part of me grieves. And still another part of me just plain stagnates--like I'm waiting for something. Empty nest syndrome much?
I guess. lol

You'd think that the 15-year old boy would be enough. Well...that kid is pretty self-sufficient. No drama. That is no drama if you overlook his eye injury and such. But I have to say, he even handled that much much better than my girls would have. He's just so down-to-earth and laid back.

He always seems to be part of the solution rather than the problem and wise beyond his years. He's a blessing. Especially now when I am simply floundering. He sees that I am and thinks it's just fine. Maybe I should listen to him. lol

I do hope everyone is happily reading, writing, and editing.

Much love to all!!!!

Tess

3 comments:

Karenna Colcroft said...

Hugs, Tess.

Eileen said...

painting is good. I remember when I did my whole house I did a LOT of thinking and planning. Not much else to do while you got that roller going up and down. hope it gets you back into the writing groove. Have a good week.

anny cook said...

Downtime is okay. Burnout stress (which you probably have) takes a while to dissipate. One day you'll look around and find you have something to say. Best wishes until then. Enjoy your other creative outlets.