Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Decompression! Isn't there a Chamber for THAT???

All the really good sci-fi movies have decompression chambers' don't they? Okay...where do I find one? Dang! About everyone I know is stressed out right now. Some with frustrating works in progress, some with jobs and radical bosses, others with money or publishers. Whatever!

Sometimes things just start piling on and never stop. Right now, my big problem has to do with a construction project going on at my house. It began over the weekend and will continue into infinity. GRRRRR. Send Godiva please...maybe a nice bottle of wine. Think I'm gonna need it. How about some bubbles and a nice hot bath?

How do you decompress? Forget your troubles? For me, I seriously DO love a nice hot bath with bubbles, lighted candles (scented, naturally) and a glass or two (maybe a whole bottle) of a nice pinot noir. Seriously makes me sigh and forget my troubles. For many it's a great book, a funny movie and just lunch (or a phone chat) with a friend.

I do have some great news however. My newest book (an erotic regency) Made for Mischief is out today at Resplendence Publishing. I'm very excited about this. Naturally this is a hot, hot, hot story but it also features a mystery and some fun and quirky characters.

So if you like it HOT and HISTORICAL, pick up Made for Mischief.

BUY IT HERE!

Blurb:

All she really wanted was one naughty night before returning to her life as a sheltered country spinster! Crawling beneath a bed in London’s most notorious brothel was beyond the pale, even for known eccentric Arabella Spencer. Little did she imagine that lust, desire, and yes, love was just within her grasp.
When Grayson St. James, Lord Mercer, newly returned from fighting Napoleon, dragged a squirming, dusty bluestocking from beneath his bed, he was…well..aghast! She wanted adventure, did she? She wanted to learn about sex, did she? He was just the man to teach her! As a vow of vengeance and a case of mistaken identity unite Grayson and Arabella in a common goal, the dour Lord Mercer finds himself laughing for the first time in longer than he can recall but will an unknown threat bring them together or tear their world apart?

12 comments:

Kelley Nyrae said...

Lovin this blurb. The book sounds amazing.

Yeah I'm feeling the stress right now big time. Got way too much on my mind and not really sure what to do about it all.

I love a nice long bath too. Thats my thing. I also go to Barnes and Noble or hide with a book somewhere in my house.

Tonya said...

Congratulations on another book and the blurb is looking good girl!!

I'm a stamper and crafter...so I try to focus on being creative in another outlet to get rid of all the other troubles or worries. However, reading is a very close second!

Amy Ruttan said...

I purge. It's stupid but I get rid of junk.

I haven't decompressed in five years, and I am at near bursting.

Sometimes it's a funny movie, or a movie that makes me cry(I don't watch those often).

Car rides also help. :)

Regina Carlysle said...

Ah, I wish I had a B&N close by. We have some bookstores but nothing that comfy.

All those little bitty things pile up, don't they. I always try to deal with what I can and leave the things I have no control over.Calming the mind is the hardest thing though.

Regina Carlysle said...

I've been to your new blog Tonya. It's GREAT. I know a lot of people who do crafty things and they find it really soothing. A great outlet.

Regina Carlysle said...

ACK!!! I purged last weekend when I tackled closets. Ah, damn, I was sooooo beat afterwards but I admit, it DID feel good.

Molly Daniels said...

I seriously need to grab one of my bffs and get away from the family for a weekend!

Don't see it happening anytime soon though...

Regina Carlysle said...

Ah. Could we run away from home? Is that an option? Hmm. Sounds like a plan to me.

Renee DeMarcus said...

Hi Regina!

Congrats on your release and your cover is amazing.

I definitely grab a good book to relax. Either that or grab my husband. ;)
Renee

Anne Rainey said...

Congrats on the new release, Regina!

I destress with a glass of red wine out back. We have a swing in the woods that my husband and I use whenever we want to get away from the world.

Regina Carlysle said...

Mmm. Grabbing the DH is a great idea!!!

Regina Carlysle said...

Oh Anne. I love the idea of a glass of wine and a swing outside. Sounds really peaceful.

What is it with the wine? I was just thinking how nice it would be to sit outside at night all alone. Sip a glass and listen to the crickets.