Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Little No-No's I Loooove!

With my daughter heading off to college in about a month, I can honestly say I've been indulging her. We've done the massive shopping thing and I'm cooking lots of her favorite dishes. I mean, you'd think she was never coming home again or that she's moving out into a remote Brazilian rainforest or something. No, she's only going to be two hours away and yes, they will have modern conveniences where she's going. Anyway, I was thinking about all the little guilty pleasures out there. We avoid them like the plague or at least I do. Mainly because my 'little no-no's" are FOOD RELATED. You know what I mean. You know you shouldn't but you think about them and think about them until you finally give in knowing you might as well apply that ice cream directly to your ass.

Which leads me to my number one guilty pleasure....ICE CREAM. I love it in any flavor at all but my particular fave is BlueBell Moosetracks. Vanilla with chocolate and carmel swirls and loaded with little chocolate chunks that melt in your mouth like butter.

Number two? Easy. Tex-Mex. I adore Tex Mex food and probably because of that, it would be next to impossible to pry my ass out of Texas. Enchildas, tacos, burritos, not to mention warm tortilla chips with salsa washed down with a tall glass of iced tea. That would be one of my favorite meals and also one of the most fattening things in the world.

Another guilty pleasure? Coffee. I drink gallons of it. I'm like the damn Energizer Bunny 24/7. Yes, I love Starbucks and all those great concoctions but give me a pot of fresh hazelnut coffee, one of my cute little mugs, and a splash of creamer and I'm in hyped-up heaven.

And yes, I have more guilty pleasures. I won't miss True Blood on Sunday nights and I love discussing episodes with my friends the next day. I watch Disney movies, sometimes all day long and I freely admit that Beauty and the Beast is my favorite. I always cry at the end. My favorite wine is Shiraz (thanks for the recommendation, Anne) and my favorite mixed drink is a nice margarita on the rocks with lots of salt. Yumm.

So what are your 'guilty pleasures'? Those little things you love but wish you DIDN'T love quite so much?

17 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Warm homemade bread with honey. Warm homemade chocolate chip cookies. And a cup of coffee from Panera's.

Regina Carlysle said...

Mmmmm. I have one of those breadmakers. Very nice. So damn nice I had to put it away because the homemade bread was so deadly to the size of my butt.

Anonymous said...

R,

I love chocolate! Chocolate ice cream, 3 Musketeers mint candy bar and a dark Reese candy bar are my favs.
We have Stone Cold Creamery in Bemidji and I love the dark chocolate with hot fudge and whip cream…so bad, I know.
I too love Mexican food, after being raised in AZ I grew up eating tacos, tortillas, cheese crisps, and chimichangas, did I mention warm tortillas???
oh and also chicken enchiladas are my favorite as well.
Coffee, soda, candy….all very bad.

Paris said...

I love my hazelnut coffee too! Chocolate anything floats my boat. My son came back from Italy several years ago raving about Nutella and I will eat it on anything, even saltine crackers--it's hazelnut and chocolate, Mmmmmm.

Regina Carlysle said...

I've recently become addicted to Nutella. I slice apples and dip them in it. YUM. I convince myself it's healthy because of the APPLES. HA. snort. Yeah, Riiiiight.

Regina Carlysle said...

Ooooh, Taylor...dark chocolate ice cream, hot fudge and whipped cream. Now THAT floats my boat.

Anne Rainey said...

My husband's homemade stromboli. He's such a good cook. Or my mother's lasagna. Yum.

Anonymous said...

Generally, I'm not a sweet eater but my daughter makes these lemon tarts in from scratch shortbread cups that are to die for!
A non-food related guilty pleasure is my love of certain cartoons. I actually scheduled evening activites around the three night Fairly Odd Parents movie event on Nick!
Tessie Bradford

Regina Carlysle said...

Funny, Tessie! You reminded all of us this isn't all about FOOD. snicker. See where our minds have gravitated??? Ooooh, those tarts sound so good.

Anne? Stromboli? Lasagne? I'm coming to your house. Next to Tex Mex I loooove Italian food.

Desiree Holt said...

Ooh! Where should I start! Chocolate Almond zone Bars. Whipped cream on anything. Spanihs coffee (with whipped cream, of course!) Lemon Zinger tea. Candy coated nuts. Red licorice bits. Does that tell you why I am now seriously dieting? LOL!

Regina Carlysle said...

Oh God, Desiree! They just opened this nut place at our mall. Roasted candy coated nuts of every kind and the whole place smells like HEAVEN. Starbucks has the best whipped cream EVERRRRRR on their coffees. Decadent.

Lately I'm been addicted to Lifesaver Gummies while writing. My tongue is bright red for hours.

Fran Lee said...

I have no guilty pleasures. I feel guilty about absolutely nothing. If I like it, I never feel guilty.

Regina Carlysle said...

I've been trying to adopt that attitude a little too much lately. It is definitely making it's presence known on my rear end. HA

Jen said...

Regina, I have this dessert that I make (don't laugh Anne, it doesn't require cooking - lol) that is most definitely a guilty pleasure. You take ice cream sandwiches and line them on the bottom of container (I used a big rubbermaid container). Put a layer of cool whip over the ice cream, a layer of caramel sauce, and a layer of butterfinger candy bars all crushed up. If the container is big enough, you can do another layer of the cool whip, caramel sauce, and crushed up butterfinger bars (I usually get a sleeve of the small butterfinger bars - a 10 pack).

I've gotten hooked on True Blood too. A friend of mine sent me the first season and I watched them all in a day; just in time for season 2 to start. I've got to say though, I'm thinking season 1 was a bit better than the current season.

Regina Carlysle said...

OMG, Jen!!!! WHEW. That sounds SINFUL!!! Yes, I'm going to make it...snicker. I didn't miss an episode of True Blood and bought the season the very day it came out on DVD. I'm loving season two so far. Eric is hot hot hot and I'm dying to see what happens with him!!! The whole MaryAnn storyline is just CRAZY WILD.

Kelley Nyrae said...

Anything chocolate is my weakness.

Regina Carlysle said...

Mmmmm. Love it. What is it with women and chocolate. I've met very few of us who don't positively crave it.