Sometimes you just need a good laugh. Last night as I was tucking my youngest, Alisha, into bed and she said something silly, we both started cracking up. For several seconds we just sat there laughing. Soon, tears were streaming down our cheeks. Alisha can do that to me though. No matter how crazy or hectic my day, she can always make me laugh. I love a kid with a sense of humor, don't you?
Our lives get so busy sometimes that we forget to stop and enjoy the silly things. We had an esp. busy weekend here. We had a birthday party on Saturday for our daughters, which always means lots of cleaning and cooking. By the time Sunday rolled around I was exhausted! First, I sat and watch Alisha play her new X-Box 360 game, Bourne Conspiracy. It's always a riot to watch her shooting up the bad guys. Pretty soon I'm sitting there yelling, "watch the guy in the corner, he's coming at you! Shoot him! Shoot him!" LOL We get really into our games around here. After a few hours of that, we watched the movie Juno. Okay, you've got to be half dead if that 16 yr. old pregnant chick doesn't make you laugh out loud a few times. It's a great movie, with a wonderful message too. But for a really good laugh, I rely on my books.
- Erin McCarthy's, The Pregnancy Test. I had people turning and staring at me when I read that book. OMG, it's freaking hilarous!
- Linda Howard's Open Season. The scene where Daisy has the box of multi-colored condoms...LOL!!
- Linda Howard's Mr. Perfect. Some of the scenes with Sam and Jaine are just downright funny. I'll never forget the part where she's sneaking a peek at him out her kitchen window.
- Of Course the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich is funny I hear. I've not read them yet, but I plan to. My mother raves about them!
- Lori Foster has had some pretty funny scenes too. Too Much Temptation for one. I loved the cute interaction btwn Noah and Grace. Truly one of my favorite books by her.
- Another by Lori Foster is in the Fallen Angels anthology, Uncovered. The scene where The P.I.s realize who's nude butt they have plastered on the wall. LOL I could SOOO feel their embarrassment!!
The problem is, I'm looking for more 'laugh out loud' romance stories. Any ideas?