Thursday, July 16, 2009

a new series...and I'm totally hooked!




I love stumbling on a new series. I discovered this one from an ad in the RWR, Romance Writers Report. So, yes, those ads DO work. LOL





Have you read Pamela Palmer? Well, she has a new series started called the Feral Warriors and they are sooooooo good!!! I'm half in love with all the warriors already! OMG! I bought the book yesterday and stayed up until 2:30am reading it. I could NOT put it down.





Here's a blurb of the first one, which released in June.
Kara MacAllister’s quiet small-town life is transformed forever the night a powerful stranger rips her from her home, claiming she is the chosen one – the key to his survival. Spiriting her away into the rain-soaked night, Lyon reveals a truth Kara can barely credit. She’s immortal, and the only one who can save his race. And deep within her, he arouses a fierce, primal hunger beyond anything she’s ever imagined.

But only when their lives are threatened by an ancient evil will Kara and Lyon realize they have found a love they would risk their immortal souls to claim...and a powerful desire that could never, ever be tamed.

Desire Untamed is Book 1 in the Feral Warriors series
Read more HERE

Have you read this book? Have you read ANY good books lately? Let's talk books!!

12 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

I just loooove finding a new and irresistable series! I saw this series advertised at NOR and thought it looked GOOOOD.

SharonJM said...

Anne,thanks for the the for what appears to be a great series in the making. Going on my TBB list.

Kelley Nyrae said...

Oooh, that sounds really good. I love finding new books.

Anonymous said...

I have this one on order at Amazon. Right now I am reading Christine Feehan's Hidden Currents. Very powerful.

Anne Rainey said...

Regina--As I was reading this first one in the series I realized I did indeed buy it because of the ad. I never really thought ads help much, but guess I was wrong there.

Sharon--This one came out in June and they're releasing the next this month and then another in August. I LOVE when they do that!

Anne Rainey said...

jrobe--I LOVED LOVED Hidden Currents!! What an emotional book. Wow!! Did you see she's SORT OF continuing this series? She's doing Ilya's brothers, who are also magical. So, there's six brothers books. The first releases next year I think. It's called Water Bound. I can't wait! Maybe we'll get glimpses of the sister from time to time!

Paris said...

A new series is always welcome! I can't wait to read it.

Jen said...

This looks really good. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in the bookstore.

Kara's "the chosen one" huh? Hmmm...
lol

Anne Rainey said...

Paris--Esp. a shapeshifter series! GRIN

Anne Rainey said...

Jen--ROTFLMAO!!!! I wondered if you caught that!! I feel I should get some sort of royalties here! LOL

Jen said...

LOL - I think that you should get some sort of royalty. There's one and only one "chosen one". All others are just posers. ;-)

Anne Rainey said...

Jen--LOL @ posers! Damn straigh!