Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Take me Away


I've really been needing a vacation. How about you? This has been a wild and crazy summer for us but it hasn't been FUN. Been thinking that I need a little fun in my life, or heck, maybe fun isn't the thing. Maybe I'm just need solitude. Peace. Tranquility. You know, all that woo woo stuff. A mountain cabin would be awesome right about now...the kind of place where your nearest neighbor might live several miles away. Breathing the mountain air would be a good thing, I think. Or maybe a little beach house? I could sit out on my front porch in the evenings and watch the waves roll to the shore, smell the sea air (as long as it wasn't on the Gulf Coast) and just let my mind relax. Sounds perfect, doesn't it?

Getting away isn't in the cards around here though. Reckon I'll light some smell-good candles, play some comforting music and just chill. I Am seeing the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. Things are rolling to a stop around here and I predict there will be comfort in having my old routine back. I'm waiting for it. In the meantime, I'm making baskets to give away at Romanticon, Ellora's Cave's big convention in October. Items for my Regina Carlysle Sensuality Basket are purchased and are sitting on my dining room table waiting for assembly. I also picked up 'cougary things' for the Cougar Challenge baskets (yes, two of them), and have bought cool stuff for a "frog" basket. Desiree Holt, Ciana Stone and I will also offer a Sequins, Saddles and Spurs basket full of Texas-type goodies. My contribution remains to be purchased but I'll be getting on that soon. Figure it won't take long and soon I'll have all the goodies sent off.

Basically, I'm whittling down my To Do List. That's a good thing.

In other news: Found a really nice review from Romance Junkies for Eagle's Refuge (book three in the Texas Passions series). Here's what they had to say:


Callista ‘Callie’ Hill was tired of running from her past. Her nutty ex-husband, refused to accept their divorce, and maintained that she was his wife, whether she wanted to be or not. So Callie decided to escape to a tiny Texas town with hopes of starting a better life. The last thing Callie expected to find, was an instant attraction to the local bar owner, Mac Moreno.

From the moment he saw her, Mac Moreno knew there was something special about Callie Hill, and he was determined to have her in his life. But when Callie's crazed ex-husband found her once again, Mac was afraid that Callie would disappear without a trace. With the help of his newly found family, will Mac be able to convince Callie to stay, stand and fight for what they had?

EAGLE’S REFUGE was a wonderful tale filled with passionate romance and thrilling suspense. Callie and Mac instantly clicked and it was fun to see them walk down the road to love. Throw in a nuisance from the past and you have a fabulous, entertaining read that will leave you breathless.

While, EAGLE’S REFUGE is Book 3 in the Texas Passions series, it can be read as a standalone; but, I must warn you that once you dive into this wonderful series, you will definitely wanted to go back and read the first two Texas Passions stories: EAGLE’S RUN by Desiree Holt and EAGLE’S REDEMPTION by Cindy Spencer Pape.

2 comments:

Madison Scott said...

Checking stuff off the list is always a good thing! Congrats on the review.

Anne Rainey said...

Congrats on the review! And I really wish I could've attending the EC con this year. Hoping to at least get there for one day to see you!

And yes, you do need a vacation. You deserve!