Today I'm very excited to introduce everyone to someone I've known for about as long as I've been online--Lila DiPasqua. We met via MySpace, and I've always admired not only her writing but her style in general. She's an absolutely lovely person who has always come across to me as a very romantic soul. And that, of course, is what her writing is all about--tossing in some really sexy stuff, too, of course! I know you'll all love her books just as I do. They are receiving rave reviews for sure. To learn more about Lila visit her writing home at:
Ten Reasons Why You Might Like Fiery Tales!...by Lila DiPasqua
When I landed a contract with Penguin/Berkley to write fairy tale retellings with my own sexy twists I was over the moon! I took my love of fairy tales, historical romance and hot love stories, and blended them into steamy fairy tale retellings in AWAKENED BY A KISS and my brand new release, THE PRINCESS IN HIS BED—the first two books in my Fiery Tales series!
Now, I know what you’re thinking: I grew up reading fairy tales, Lila. Will I like your version of Fiery Tales?
Here are ten reasons why I think you just might:
1. There are three hot historical bad boys who will seduce the objects of their desires in each book. Repeatedly. *winks*
Adam de Vey, Marquis de Nattes (The Marquis’ New Clothes)
Joseph d’Alumbert, son of the Duc de Vernant (The Lovely Duckling)
Mathias de Tesson, Marquis de Montfort (The Princess and the Diamonds)
2. There are three smart heroines who will make these gorgeous men lose their hearts.
3. In The Marquis’ New Clothes, (from THE PRINCESS IN HIS BED) the hero does not walk down the street naked while people snicker.
4. When our hero, Adam de Vey is naked, he’s quite impressive to behold. There is nothing on his muscled body to snicker at.
5. If you’ve been in a fire and have scars on your body, (Emilie from The Lovely Ducking in THE PRINCESS IN HIS BED) spike the hero’s interest by boldly writing him letters asking him to explain sex and seduction.
6. Princess Gabrielle can’t sleep at night. There is something hard in her bed. No peas stuffed under this Princess’s mattress! There are stolen diamonds tucked under her mattress, and a handsome, carnally talented Marquis on it. She must gamble with the diamonds….but it will cost her her heart---and some delicious sleepless nights. *winks* (The Princess and the Diamonds from THE PRINCESS IN HIS BED)
7. Sleeping Beauty has the tables turned on him in Sleeping Beau when he is awakened by a luscious kiss. The intensity of his night of raw ecstasy rocks this rake! When he meets his mysterious seductress years later, he has a few questions for her….and some delicious sexual fantasies he intends to fulfill. (in AWAKENED BY A KISS)
8. Nicknamed “Le Loup” the wolf, Nicolas is indeed a wolf in sheep’s clothing as he secretly works for the Crown. (Little Red Writing from AWAKENED BY A KISS) He never expected that his suspect would turn out to be his sexual soul mate. And his heart’s one desire.
9. Elisabeth (Bewitching in Boots from AWAKENED BY A KISS) is the King’s favorite daughter and a woman used to getting what she wants. And she wants the Captain of the King’s private Guard, tall, dark and oh so handsome, Tristan. The problem is he hates her. She intends to rely on wit, seduction…oh and her lucky boots in order to have him! Oh, and maybe a silk scarf or two tied to the bedposts. *grins*
- These books are set in the very decadent, elegant and most wicked time when the genre of fairy tales was born! Dare to step into my Fiery Tales world? You just may be swept up…and scandalized. *smiles*
Thanks for having me!
QUESTION: What was the last thing you did that was different? Or is there something you’d like to do/try that’s different or new to you?
One lucky commenter will win a signed copy of STUD MUFFINS and an autographed Cinderella’s slipper ornament –in keeping with the holidays, the fairy tale theme and my very own Cinderella retelling.
THE PRINCESS IN HIS BED
A Fiery Tales Collection
By Lila DiPasqua
Inspired by “The Emperor’s New Clothes,” “The Ugly Duckling, and “The Princess and the Pea,” Lila DiPasqua spins three sexy tales that give new meaning to the term bedtime story…
The Marquis’ New Clothes: To save her cousin, Aimee de Miran must retrieve a jeweled ring from the most sinfully seductive man at court, the Marquis de Nattes. But to search his considerable wardrobe she’ll have to get very close to the notorious rake…and soon she finds herself very close to him indeed, with his clothes—and hers—utterly forgotten…
The Lovely Duckling: Reputed for his carnal skills, Joseph d’Alumbert prefers amorous encounters without emotional entanglement—until a quick-witted lady stirs tender feelings and hot desire. Emilie de Sarron suffered burns to her body as an infant, and keeps her scars—and her heart—well hidden. But Joseph is determined to peel away her inhibitions, one slow steamy kiss at a time, to reveal the beautiful swan inside…
The Princess and the Diamonds: Princess Gabrielle can’t sleep at night. There is something hard in her bed. No, not just the stolen diamonds tucked under her mattress, but the handsome Marquis on it….whose carnal talents she can’t resist. But he threatens her secret mission, and worse, she stands to lose far more than the diamonds---her heart is at stake….
“…Strong-minded heroines you can relate to, breathtaking carnally gifted male leads…DiPasqua writes with a comfortable elegance and grace, and in turn, crafts a sexy collection that readers will love.” – Fresh Fiction.
“Ripe with steamy affairs, these lusty stories are hot enough to warm the coldest winter night.” – Publishers Weekly
Allow me to introduce you to my sexy rake, Adam de Vey, Marquis de Nattes. Read an excerpt from The Marquis’ New Clothes in THE PRINCESS IN HIS BED – http://www.liladipasqua.com/princessbook.html
Read a juicy excerpt of AWAKENED BY A KISS—
About the Author:
Lila DiPasqua writes wicked & witty historical romance for Penguin/Berkley. She lives with her real-life hero husband and three children and is a firm believer in the happily-ever-after. She loves history and enjoys traveling. She has been to four continents so far. Her novels, AWAKENED BY A KISS, and THE PRINCESS IN HIS BED are featured in Doubleday as well as Rhapsody Book Clubs. To learn more about Lila and her books, visit www.LilaDiPasqua.com