Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Anyone have some extra patience?



I have always been impatient and I'm the first one to admit it. It practically kills me to wait. I jump the gun and regret it later. I'm there early when everyone else is late. Which begs the question, how did I end up a writer? LOL. Well, technically the answer to that is because there is nothing else I would rather be. I can't, NOT write, but for this post, we're going to forget that.

There is A LOT of waiting involved in writing. It takes a while to write a book, if you have critique partners it takes time to get your work back, then edit. Querying is a KILLER, submission, edits, release AHHHHH. There is so much waiting! LOL.

My agent has one of my book out on submission right now and the wait is threatening to do me in. I get it. I know it takes time. The logical part of me knows that, but it doesn't stop me from driving myself crazy. From checking my email a million times a day, even when I'm not home.

SO... I need patience. How do you do it? What's your magic ticket to making the wait not drive you bonkers?

And for fun, I'll leave you with Patience by Guns and Roses. Love this song.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have no patience either. I'd be doing the same thing if I were in your shoes. :)

Savannah Chase said...

I try to keep myself busy with other things so that I don't think about the wait...

Regina Carlysle said...

I know honey. I have ZERO patience. Waiting for things to happen is the pits and about all you can do is keep yourself busy with anyother project. Will be keeping fingers crossed.