Thursday, January 5, 2012

Do you playlist?

I'm not an author who usually resorts to music to get her muse jiving. Although now that I think about it, a little foxtrot might be useful for my out of shape little muse-let. But I digress which is of course an oddity for me. I know.

Anyway, I've been in a writing mode lately where most of my books have at least one major deep issue. Something that either made me cry in writing it, or got me to think long, deep, important thoughts. We can't have this kind of chaos, people. It's not rational.

SO! By way of announcing my February release (even before I've announced my January ones, but hey, I have excitement issues), I thought I'd get myself into gear with a little moooooood musik.

To tell you about the project: You know all those books on ARe that make you squint at the incestuous relationships suggested in the titles? Daddy's Little Whore-bag of STDs, Daddy's Little Pocket Runt C*nt, etc etc?

I like to approach such things with a little humor. I pitched six books. Three Katie, three Mia for the "Mommy's Little Series series". Yup. They all release February 15th. *insert cheesy grin* Hope the Daddy people have a sense of humor because I'm making a playful poke at them without actually poking. If that makes sense.

For the February books, I created specific music, unique to each plot. First up? Mommy's Little Succubus (No Mommy's were harmed in the creation of this plot).

Here's the cover and the blurb:

Mommy, an immortal mother-thug, only wants to help when wayward paranormals wander into her diner…



Succubus Liza needs to earn her wings. But what’s a klutzy, bespectacled girl to do when she’s born without the seductress gene—and that’s the only way she can earn her demon wings?


Fortunately for Liza, Mommy has a solution and he’s chained up in her dungeon.


And the playlist:


Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri
Pumped Up Kicks-Foster the People
Rumor Has It/someone like you -Glee mash up
She Will Be Loved-Maroon 5
Fuckin Perfect-Pink
Poker Face-Lady Gaga
Please Don't Leave Me-Pink
Tik Tok-Ke$ha
Grenade-Bruno Mars
Better Than I Know Myself-Adam Lambert
Someone Like You-Adele
Yeah-Usher
I'm Yours-Jason Mraz
Teenage Dream-Katy Perry


If you pick up this book and listen to the music, say off YouTube or something, you'll see why these are all perfect fits. ;) Okay, Pumped Up Kicks was just for me. I hate the words but the music is catchy and I needed some jump in there.

Other books in the Mommy's Little Series series? Mommy's Little Shapeshifter, Mommy's Little Vampire, Mommy's Little Mummy, Mommy's Little Witch, and Mommy's Little Zombie.

4 comments:

Dawniepants said...

Loving that playlist and I'm sure they'll have a sense of humour about it...hopefully.

dp
x

Mia Watts said...

@Dawnie, we can cross our fingers. LOL. Thanks! I'm not much of a music girl, but I tend toward modern pop stuff. I'm a kid at heart. ;)

Unknown said...

I'm loving the playlist too. Can't wait to read the series.

Mia Watts said...

@Amber, Can't wait to see it through the last line edits. :) LOL, just excited for this one and ready for it to be out there, ya know?