Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Suggestions Please?


I've been so caught up in my writing these days. Yeah, it's a good thing. I'm roughly twenty pages from finishing the third of my shifter stories which is tentatively called Ringo's Ride. Have to admit, I'm feeling a little burned out at the moment and I'm dying to sink my teeth into some good books. Right now I'd love nothing better than to curl up somewhere with my e-book reader and just get lost for awhile. Do you ever get that way?

Admittedly, it's been awhile for me and maybe it's because we get so "into" building a career than we forget to stop and remember why we got into this gig in the first place. I love books. Love the written word and I love nothing better than to dive into a story and forget my troubles.

The other night, when the Amazon thing was heating up, I went over to Amazon and honestly, I don't vist their site very often. Guess I've been living in a cave or something because I didn't know J.R. Ward has another installment of The Black Dagger Brotherhood coming out in hardback at the end of the month. Thinking of picking it up but I'm still unsure. I also looked at a number of Lora Leigh titles. She's mentioned here a lot and I'm ashamed to say I've never read her work. Baaaaad Regina! I noticed she has a LOT of series. Which ones do you guys recommend? Figure it's time to stock up.

In other news, I have another new print release. Torrid Topaz, an anthology from Ellora's Cave, hit the shelves yesterday and I'm fortunate to be one of the featured authors with my paranormal menage Spanish Topaz. I've been really fortunate lately. Tempting Turquoise came out in print a few weeks ago and I've recently learned the Mistletoe Magic series (written with Desiree Holt and Cindy Spencer Pape) will be arriving in print later this year. My book Hotter Than Hell will be included in Flavors of Ecstasy IV (an Ellora's Cave Caveman) and Tempting Tess will be part of an Oh Yum anthology (older woman/younger man) soon. Thanks for letting me share this news with you!


Here's the Link to buy Torrid Topaz!


Blurb:
When rancher Cash Carter gets sexy Graciela Fuentes back in his bed, he vows to keep her there. Whether it’s through the lure of hotter than hell sex or the intrigue to be found in an ancient topaz-studded dagger, he won’t let her go again. His body burns for hers but once she touches the handle of the dagger and Miguel de Castillo, a man from another time, manifests before them, Cash realizes Gracie’s soul may belong to another.

Miguel longs for a reunion with his long-dead bride and when he finds her soul residing in the body of the very modern Gracie, he’ll do anything to get her back. It becomes a race against time as Gracie gives her body to both men in order to reunite the lost lovers, hoping against hope she doesn’t lose her life or her love in the process.

12 comments:

Scifibookcat said...

If you're going to try Lora Leigh, may I suggest her Breed series(Megan's Mark is my favorite)or the Wizard Twins series. Other suggestions: Frozen by Morgan O'Reilly, True Mates by Zena Wynn, Prophesied by Liz Craven, and anything by Shelly Laurenston, Bianca D'Arc Denise Agnew or Lauren Dane.

These are all comfort reads discovered over the last four years. If you like m/m try Dolphin Dreams by Jules Jones or Condor One by John Simpson (a recent discovery about the first openly gay president).

Good luck with finishing your book. I love a good shifter tale.

Anny Cook said...

Yeah. Lora Leigh's Breed series both in e-book from EC and in print. Elizabeth's Wolf and Kiss of Heat would give you valuable background to the series beginnings.

Bianca D'Arc has a great series with dragons...over at Samhain.

Mary Wine has several series at EC--she also writes as Dawn Ryder.

Sarah McCarty's Promise Series is wonderful. For best enjoyment, read them in order. You would love them as they're set in the west. And her heroes are to die for.

If you like Regencies, then I always recommend Georgette Heyer. She has about fifty to choose from. I would recommend Frederica or False Colors or Sprig Muslin.

If you've never read Nora Robert's book Birthright, please do. And Linda Howard's Son of the Morning is also wonderful.

If you need more ideas... you know where I am!

Regina Carlysle said...

THanks, Scifibookcat! I've heard a lot about her Breed series and I was thinking about that. I'll jot some of the others down, too. Not a fan of m/m but the others sound great. These are all new authors to me.

Regina Carlysle said...

I sure DO know where you are, Anny! LOL. Sarah McCarty is on my list too...the Promises series. You know how I love cowboys. I read Son of the Morning years ago and recently recommended that one to my daughter. Such a great book. I still have Nora's High Noon (in hardback) setting on my shelf unread and Birthright was wonderful. I was kind of surprised they didn't make it into one of those Lifetime movies.

Kelley Nyrae said...

Congrats on the release!!

For Lora Leigh, my favorite of hers is her SEALs. Love that series. I also like Beth Kery. She writes or EC, I believe and Heat. Love her book, Wicked Burn. Very hot, and emotional.

Anne Rainey said...

I love all her books. She doesn't write anything bad, imo. However, you might want to check out her SEALs as it's not quite as huge a series as the Breeds are...yet.

And you could really skip that first novella in the series, which appears in the anthology, "Honk If You Love Real Men". I don't personally feel you have to read that one to get a handle on the series.

Anne Rainey said...

Oops! Congrats on the print release too! :)

Mary Ricksen said...

Good luck on your new book.
The last twenty pages, boy that's a great place to be.
Without reading, I don't know how I would cope.

Amy Ruttan said...

I'm so behind reading and it looks like I'm sharing another anthology with you. The Oh Yum anthology. LOL!!

It sucks we don't live closer to do signings together. LOL.

Regina Carlysle said...

We would do some signing FOR SURE! I'm in Texas in the boonies! That would be so fun, Amy. There are a LOT of the Oh Yums and I'm hoping we'll be in the same edition. That would be GREAT.

Regina Carlysle said...

Thanks Anne and Mary! I'm pretty excited about it.

I planned to write today but I've been helping my daughter with a college history project all day! I DO NOT want to go back to college! Let me tell ya!

Regina Carlysle said...

Okay. Do the SEAL books have a series title?