Thursday, September 16, 2010

Happy 17th!


Today is a big day. It's my oldest daughter's 17th birthday. Where does the time go? It seemed like just yesterday she was dancing around the living room in her diaper and singing a Lamb Chop tune. Now, she's driving, dating and making her dad and I crazy, lol.

So, since it's her birthday today, I'm keeping her out of school and we're going shopping. It's a little tradition we started years ago. Why? Wel,l both of my daughters have birthdays like a week apart. Because the dates are so close together we have one big party. So, since they are forced to share their birtday party with each other they don't really get to have a day to feel special. My solution? On their birthday day, I let them stay home from school and they get to have their choice of fun things to do. Movies, shopping, whatever. Today, Kati has decided she wants to get her nails done and then do some shopping at the mall. Having this mom and daughter time is something I look forward to every year.

Do you all have any birthday traditions with your kids, spouse, mom?

One other thing I wanted to announce before I hit the shower and take off for the day.


my Ellora’s Cave release, Ride of Her Life, is now available on Amazon Kindle and Barnes & Noble Nook!


KINDLE http://tinyurl.com/rideofherlife-amazon
NOOK: http://tinyurl.com/rideofherlife-nook

Ride of Her Life
By
Anne Rainey

Genre: erotic contemporary romance
Ellora’s Cave Quickie

Blurb:
It’s been a year since her divorce and Lily Justice is ready to move on—but not with just any man. She’s got a certain drool-worthy body shop owner in mind. It’s almost convenient that her car needs some work. And when she meets Kyle Wolff up close and personal, her inner-slut has to have him, age difference be damned. With the car staying at the shop, Kyle graciously offers to give her a lift home.


While she accepts a ride on Kyle’s hot motorcycle, Lily’s inner-slut wants a hot ride on Kyle.
She’s about to get what she wants. And it will be the ride of her life…

9 comments:

Deanna said...

I love birthday traditions. Mine involves my darling husband - we don't have any children. Each year, on my birthday, both he and I take the day off and we spend the entire day doing fun things for me - shopping, eating out, spending time together. We get to spend the whole day together which is just great - with not interruptions from the outside world. Sometimes, if my birthday falls close to a weekend, my husband will book a weekend in the city in a hotel which involves a full weekend of fun for us. I get totally spoiled.

Molly Daniels said...

That's a great way to have mother/daughter bonding time:) I try to make sure I have 'dates' with my kids from time to time; not just on their birthdays:)

Happy birthday Kati!

Madison Scott said...

Aw, happy birthday to Kati! I love that you have that special time with your girls every year. I think its a great tradition. I'd like to start something like that with my girls.

Unknown said...

Awww, what a great tradition. They grow up so fast. Enjoy the day!

Natalie Dae said...

Have a great day, and happy birthday to your daughter. I want a day like that. Hmm. Perhaps when I'm a big girl.

Anonymous said...

Well, we are a big family. We usually all have cake together for the birthday kid.

My husband always has strawberry cake in some form on his birthday. His birthday is in the strawberry season.

Valerie
in Germany

Anne Rainey said...

Thanks, All! Kati and I had a fantastic day together. I love spending this alone time with her. She's so busy these days, homework, band,friends, boyfriend. It's hard to squeez in some mom/daughter time.

Anne Rainey said...

Daz--I love that your husband does that for you! I might have to tell mine about that. ;)

Molly--Funny, I was just thinking today that I need to have more days like this throughout the year. It was so much fun!

Valerie--Strawberry cake...yum!

Tess MacKall said...

Happy birthday to your baby. What a wonderful way to celebrate. I've never kept mine out of school for birthdays, but I have kept them out because they needed a mental day. lol

I think you have a great tradition, Anne. My family doesn't really have any birthday traditions. Although I started a new tradition for my own. Don't mention it to me. That's MY tradition. lol