Now I know you can all identify. Things go undone. You feel overwhelmed. And you can’t seem to fix anything. Nothing goes right. I’m feeling a lot of all of that right now. The pressures of family and writing and promotions just have me twisted like a pretzel.
But that’s how life goes. We are constantly inundated with the unexpected. Constantly pummeled with this or that to the point that we don’t know which way to turn. And what happens?
We have a melt-down.
Personally, my melt-down seems to be an ongoing thing. And I’ve learned to recognize all of the signs too. I can honestly visualize myself like the witch in the Wizard Of Oz, and I’ll turn to the nearest family member and say: “I’m melting…I’m melting…” They tend to back away when I do that. LOL
I thought it would be kind of fun to work up a list for everyone so you, too, could recognize all the trigger signs of melt-down. Oh, and I’ve posted this list before on another blog but since I have some torn cartilage that is giving me fits and the Tylenol isn’t touching the pain---I thought I could post it here as well as I’m sure most of you haven’t seen this list yet. So here it is:
1. Your house possesses a permanent scorched scent from all the food you’ve burned.
2. The cupboards contain a lot of green beans. A lot.
3. You look at your bubble-headed eighteen-year old and actually say: “It’s your life, honey. You have to live it as you see fit.” All of this just before she gets into a car with a guy who looks like he is a throwback from Hell.
4. The bank teller looks at your ID and swears it isn’t you.
5. You email your best friend with a rant about your boss just to discover you emailed your boss.
6. You get up in the morning and pick up the hairbrush, squint, and decide that bed-head suits you.
7. You tell the cop that the redlight was only red for a few seconds before you went through it.
8. So what if the flashing light says you’re low on gas? You’ve got enough fumes to make it home.
9. When someone asks you what time it is, you ask them why they want to know.
10. You think the mailman is coming on to you. After all, he’s at your door almost every day.
So if you recognize any of these symptoms, you’re having a melt-down. What do I recommend you do about it? Just go with the flow. Sometimes it can be kind of fun to see people look at you like you’re crazy. LOL And I’d love it if all of you would share your own personal melt-down symptoms.
Now for today’s book trailer showcase: Created by Tina with Topaz Promos http://topazpromos.com the video was made for Stormy Glenn’s Love Sexy from Siren Publishing.