Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm Late. I'm Late. I'm Late!


Have no clue what demon possessed me! Yes, I started a major remodel right before Thanksgiving and I deserve to be SHOT. Yes, SHOT! Now before you say...awww, no, Reg, it's okay. You are totally sane...let me admit here and now that I've done this before. A few years ago we had that icky popcorn junk scraped from our ceilings. Oh yeah...a mess. I told the painters then that I fully expected they would be here for Thanksgiving Dinner and they laughed at me. Of course, I was serious! In the end, all was done on time and the painters ended up having dinner with their own families. I swore to myself then, that I'd never do this again.

Fast forward to now! GAHHHHH. Every bit of kitchen junk is currently occupying space in the dining room and living room (and some stuff is on the floor). We've had sandwiches for the past few nights and figure I'll be running out for fast food (which is almost always fattening as hell and unhealthy to boot) tonight. My daughter's bathroom is also in a state of disrepair but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with this tedious job. Finally! This explains why I'm late, late, late in blogging today. So far this morning, electricians and painters have arrived and tomorrow the wallpaper lady and again...the painters. Friday is the plumber. While those folks are hanging out at my place, I'm running back and forth to Lowe's where I'm making friends with the sales staff. They love me there!

Yes, I know, in the end, everything will be beautiful so I'll quit bitching now. Eventually everything will be shining and sparkly and new. Think I can take a nap after that? I WISH. Nope, I'm looking the holiday season dead in the eye. Pass the whiskey and say a little prayer for me.

11 comments:

Harlie Williams said...

I don't think you are crazy. Right now is a good time to remodel. Of course, hubby sells paint for a living, so I know.

Good luck with everything and it will look beautiful once its done.

Margie said...

It's always worth it in the end. And, just think, you will have all the shiny newness to enjoy!

Regina Carlysle said...

Awww yes...shiny newness. That's what I keep thinking Margie. And Harlie? Glad you don't think I'm totally Nuts. I knew I could count on you. LOL

Regina Carlysle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Regina Carlysle said...

BTW...little reprieve. The painters and the electricians are now GONE. YAY! Just finished plowing through the mess in my daughter's room (filling TWO huge trash bags). Things are beginning to come together. Am I tired? Hell yes, I am.

June M. said...

Congrats on the remodel. Hopefully they will have everything finished soon so you can have a little breather before the holidays. Good luck!

whodunitrdr AKA Deanna said...

Just breathe in thru the nose, out thru the mouth, ohm, ohm,... If that does not work, there is always chocolate vodka to ease your pain. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

C. Zampa said...

It'll be so pretty for Thanksgiving and Christmas, then you'll be so glad you did it!

Regina Carlysle said...

Thanks June! The painters say they'll be finished on Monday. WOOOOT. We're getting sick of take out and sandwiches. LOL

Regina Carlysle said...

Yes oh-zen master!!!! LOL. OHHHHMMMMMM.

Regina Carlysle said...

I'm already glad, Carol! Ready for this to be done so I can face the holidays.